Thursday, 12 September 2013

20 interesting and useful facts of water

20 interesting and useful facts of water

facts about water

Interesting Facts of Water

1 . About 70 percent of an adult's body consists of water .

2 . Accounts at birth , water accounts for about 80 percent of the body weight     of an infant.

3 . A healthy person can drink about three gallons ( 48 cups ) of water per            day.

4 . Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication .                Poisoning the water occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the            blood and causes an imbalance of water in the brain.

5. Water intoxication is more likely to occur during periods of intense athletic       performance.

6 . While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day , not       all of this water must be consumed in liquid form. Nearly every food or           drink provides a little water in the body.

7 . Soft drinks, coffee and tea, while made ​​up almost entirely of water, also         contain caffeine . Caffeine can act as a mild diuretic , preventing water           from getting to where it is needed in the body.

8 . Pure water ( solely hydrogen and oxygen atoms ) has a neutral pH of 7,         which is neither acidic nor basic.

9 . Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels    , water carries chemicals , minerals and nutrients with it.

10 . Between 70 and 75 percent of the surface of the earth is covered with         water .

11 . Much more fresh water is stored in the soil into aquifers from the surface     of the earth.

12 . The earth is a closed system , similar to a terrarium , meaning that it          loses or gains extra matter rarely . The same water that existed on the          earth millions of years is still present today.

13. The total amount of water on Earth is about 326 million cubic miles of          water .

14. Of all the water on earth , humans can used only about three tenths of a      percent of this water. This water is used in underground aquifers , rivers and    freshwater lakes .

15 . The United States uses about 346,000 million of fresh water per day            gallon .

16. The United States uses about 80 percent of its water for irrigation and          thermoelectric power .

17. The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80 to 100        liters of water per day. The toilet actually takes the largest amount of this      water .

18 . About 85 percent of U.S. residents receive their water from public water      systems. The remaining 15 percent get water from private wells or other        sources.

19. When a person is thirsty, your body has lost over 1 percent of its total          water.

20 . The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is water    weight , not fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment